Saturday, September 02, 2006

I'm a crappy blogger.

In my defense, I just don't feel like sharing my daily routine, as it is, sadly, rather boring. I wake up. I come to the computer. I chat, I read news headlines, I check my fantasy sports teams, I play video games. I eat lunch, I pet my cat. I pine after girls. Sometimes I read blogs. Sometimes I'll say something interesting. Sometimes I'll read something interesting. I'll worry a little about money, as we're reaching the end of the severance package cashola. Well, it is running out, but not gone, but I should get a job anyways. I'm going slowly insane with the routine I'm stuck in.

The other day, to break up the monotony of my routine, a friend sent me a job application to be a hockey writer for a local ezine. I seriously considered it, but the job description called for someone who wanted to write about the Blackhawks more than the Wolves. A Blackhawks column written by me would probably be 250 words following this pattern:
They suck. They suck. They suck. They suck. They suck. They suck. They suck. They suck. They suck. They suck. They suck. They suck. They suck. They suck. They suck. They suck. They suck. They suck.
In reality, I'd just be happy to be going to the games with a press pass. That would be pretty cool. Although I'm pretty sure the job doesn't pay, but we all have to start somewhere.

Speaking of hockey, I've started up a Yahoo! fantasy hockey league for this year. Interested parties should contact me via the e-mail. You know the digits, right? The name of this year's league? Dickie Dunn Wrote This. Call it an homage.

So, that, friends and neighbors, is my life in a nutshell. I'm still waiting to hear from the company I recently interviewed with, but my inside information tells me that the staff has yet to discuss the interviews they did. That's a whole other thing, though, and I don't feel like worrying about it. Not only have I been a bad blogger, but I've been shunning electronic communication the past couple days. I'm being a luddite, in a manner of speaking. So, I'm calling this an open apology to those of you who have been wondering why the hell I haven't gotten back to you, or blogged, or done anything remotely resembling communication.

Oh, and big thanks to John, for posting his pictures from the camping trip.

2 Comments:

Blogger Postmodern Sass said...

Someone offered you a job writing about hockey and you turned it down? Remind me, next time I see you, to smack you upside that handsome bald head of yours!

Go Sharks!

(Er, I mean, Go Leafs!)

7:19 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

I wasn't actually offered the job, but I was led to the place where I could apply and submit samples of my writing.

Trust me, if I am offered a job in hockey, I'm probably going to take it.

But feel free to slap me upside the head anyways!

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home