Friday, September 22, 2006

Today on Logan's Dave

Ever since Joey posted a link to the Stephen Colbert On Notice Generator, I've wanted to use it somehow. Today, I'm using it to organize my thoughts into a post.

I finally got my first unemployment check. Whoo-hoo! I'm slightly richer! I'm also expecting to finally get a decision from the company I applied and interviewed with so long ago- there's been some emergency situations that have delayed the whole process, but those delays should be taken care of, and I should finally know early next week.

For those of you who check out Shoshanna's blog, and wondering why I haven't updated it in a month or more, well, that's because she was in hiding. I had left her in a bag that I don't frequently use, and forgotten her there. I know. I'm a bad person. I've also managed to have my digital camera go on the fritz, but I'll try to squeeze in a Shoshanna photo op day next week.

One of my many addictions over the past 3 months of shiftlessly laying about is Star Wars Battlefront II on my PS2. I've been busy doing other things lately, like looking for a job, but let me say that this is one hell of a good time. Especially when I get to play as a Jedi. I'm so happy it scares me. Maybe not as much as Yoda rapping, but it definitely is a little frightening how giddy I can get when I try to pretend I'm still a kid.
The biggest problem, of course, with being laid off is that the days really blend together- so much so that I'm extremely bored. I spend a lot of time scrolling through jobs I feel underqualified for, then I try to watch Jeopardy! and make it though an entire episode without calling someone an idiot (thus far, with no success). I write pub quiz rounds, frequently ones that go nowhere but in the trash, which makes me feel like I'm trying to start an unstartable novel or something. Perhaps that's what I should try next- novel writing. Hm. Something tells me I'd lose interest.

Friends and neighbors, I believe I told y'all about a long-standing bet I had with my former roommate and very close friend, S. The bet was made back in 1999, and the contest was that whoever got engaged first would take the other out on a Schlitz tour of Chicago, finding all the bars we could that served Schlitz beer, and going into each one for a beer apiece. Well, after years and years of trying, my boy popped the big question this week, and she said yes. I personally congratulated them last night over a couple beers, as they are still on vacation. I'm very proud of my friend, and very excited to be a part of the wedding party, too. Now I need to start saving up for a trip to Japan- and I'm told I am required to wear a kilt. Should be interesting.

Last week, as I was out and about, I picked up a copy of the Civ IV Expansion Pack. Why? Because I've been playing that game since college, and I seriously need diversion. Apparently, a new hobby would be good, too, which is why I bought myself another new toy, a bass amp. I'll be driving my roommate and neighbors crazy very, very soon.

It is high time I got back to doing laundry- something which I don't do nearly as often anymore. I enjoy it, because it is so much simpler. One load for boxers, one for black t-shirts and shorts, one for white t-shirts. Gotta love that kind of simplicity in a boring chore like laundry.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm gaining weight like crazy. I sold my road bike to a friend, not that I was riding it anyways, but now I'm definitely not able to do any of the training I've been doing, and keeping myself nice and thin. My solution showed up in the mail yesterday- an invite to join my local Y for free! Hey, I might be unemployed, but I need to get out of the house, too!

2 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

I'm glad Shoshanna was found.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

me, too. i was really worried for a while there.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home