Friday, October 27, 2006

How my boring life turns suddenly interesting.

Last night, I didn't want to eat anything I had in the house, which wasn't much in the first place, so I made the executive decision to go to the Globe for a sandwich and a couple beers, maybe even some fine conversation with a friend or two.

I wandered in, and sat down at the bar, and ordered a Belhaven, as I've had too much Guinness lately. I chatted with the bartenders, and my pub quiz waitress, and ordered one of my favorite sandwiches, the buffalo chicken sandwich. It is very mmm-mmm good. As I sat there, the owner of the bar came downstairs and found me. "Don't leave. Whatever you do, do not leave until I talk to you," he said with a look of urgency in his eye. I told him not to worry, I'll stick around for a bit. It took a few minutes, but he made his way back to me just as I was ordering another drink. "I've been meaning to talk to you about the scavenger hunt."

They're throwing a big halloween bash tonight, which includes a scavenger hunt. We had spoken about it just before my birthday, but there wasn't a clear message as to what exactly my role was in the whole thing. Last night I found I was to write the scavenger hunt. One of the added bonuses, is I am one of the stops on the scavenger hunt. If you happen to be around, and if you happen to stop in, you'll probably see me dressed similarly to this picture.

So, today, I put the finishing touches on the scavenger hunt, carved a pumpkin for the first time in probably 15 years, and am looking very forward to snacking on roasted pumpkin seeds later tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sexy... very sexy.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home