Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Why I posted so angrily this morning.

I hear that it is appropriate to never go to bed angry, that this is a good guideline to a happy marriage, blah, blah, blah.

Well, friends and neighbors, I went to bed angry last night (this morning), and I woke up just as angry.

Mind you, I'm not angry that I'm having a birthday, although I did falter in my stoic "it doesn't matter that I'm having a birthday" stance yesterday. I'm angry because the bar that I run a certain event in suddenly dropped a bunch of changes on me last night. I'm sure you all remember how much I like surprises, so I'll avoid that speech. Allow me to finally get down to the point: I am no longer to be treated like an employee, I am to receive a $30 tab on Tuesday nights, but pay full price on any other day. I am no longer allowed to take tables from the front room to the back room when quiz night gets busy, although I am allowed to take chairs, provided there's an ample amount at the bar and at least three chairs around every table in the front.

Ok. I don't really care about what kind of discount I get- frankly, that's not why I run my show there, but it is nice to receive a bonus which reflects what I do for that bar. That, while it makes it harder for me to go there on non-quiz nights, and not exactly cheap to do so on the nights I am there, is not the big deal.

The big deal is that I'm not supposed to bring tables or chairs back to run quiz. The reason I've heard so far, is that they're not getting a lot of business in the front when it's busy in back. So, as happened last night, we're going to turn away business because they won't have a place to sit (out of 17 teams, two spent the entire time standing)in order to accommodate business that might come in.

Does anyone else smell the bullshit? I sure do.

Frankly, I figure an average person spends on my night is between $15-20. I'm being rather conservative with that guess, too. Over the last three weeks, we've had 189 people, an average of 63 a night. So I figure they ring in about a grand a night thanks to my show, and that's some serious business that I'm certain any other bar in my neighborhood would love to have.

Now, if that doesn't tell you how pissed off I am, I'm not sure what will.

Anyways, I'm not trying to spend my birthday brooding and stewing in my own anger. I'd like to have some fun and forget about life's troubles, so I think I will. Although I will admit to feeling like running back into my room and crawling back into bed after checking my myspace profile and seeing that my age has already been increased.

D'oh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home