Tuesday, November 28, 2006

My Time on the Dole, A Retrospective

Well, we're almost to the point for a retrospective.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Friends and Neighbors, I accepted a full-time position this morning. I should be very, very happy with this new job, and I'm looking forward to getting back to work after, lo these many days.

I've been thinking about how many days have passed, so I've worked out some silly numbers for you:

All in all, once I start working, I will have been unemployed for 178 days.

That's a lot of days, especially for an ancy guy like me.

I am looking forward to my new job. From everything I've seen, I stand to be a very happy and productive member of the team there. Now, however, I am faced with a small problem- I have to either a) lose the spare tire I've managed to grow so I can fit into my old work clothes of b) buy new work clothes.

Something tells me I'm going on a crash diet for a week or so. Time to start exercising again, too.

Check out the all-new, employed Dave at a theatre near you, December 11th!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congrads!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Oh, just get new stuff!

3:49 PM  
Blogger cynthia said...

congrats! can you say any more about what kind of job it is?

11:50 AM  
Blogger Postmodern Sass said...

And how does Shoshana feel about this? You wouldn't go accepting a job without cow approval now, would you?

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home