Thursday, January 25, 2007

7- I went to New Orleans with a cold and came back with a "mild case of walking pneumonia."

I called my new doctor's office yesterday while I was home sick from work. After several attempts to contact a living person, I finally got through to them. I made arrangements to meet with a different doctor than my PCP, because he wasn't in. After several rounds of questions, and several different concerts performed by my lungs for the singular benefits of my new doctor's colleague and med student, the verdict was in: I have a mild case of walking pneumonia.

Well, this just plain sucks, friends and neighbors. I'm stuck at home again today, and still feeling like crap warmed over in the microwave. At least now I'm on the antibiotics, which are yummy-yummy, but I'm still having an allergic reaction to something, as my hands, feet, and lips are still swollen and itchy. Needless to say, this is not a very good day to be Logan's Dave.

I suspect the allergic reaction is coming from the cough drops I was previously using. I have now switched to Ricola's all-natural in hopes that there's some chemical in the Hall's that's making me break out so horribly. I'm also probably going to schedule some time with an allergist to see what the hell it is that gets me all swellered up like this. In the mean time, I'm going to quit typing, because I can barely feel the keys.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Mmmh, tomatoes!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

When my roommate got walking pneumonia, he got some cough syrup with morphine. Are you so lucky/

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home