Sunday, February 25, 2007

#3 with a bullet, baby.


Last night I went to Gio's for their bi-monthly American Idol-esque karaoke contest. I had a hard time picking out what two songs I would perform for the judge's approval. Very tough. Finally, I went with an old standard, good ol' Stuck in the Middle with You, and I brought down the house, including getting a guy to perform as Marvin Nash from Reservoir Dogs. After a great deal of deliberation, and some egging on by the karaoke host, I decided to do Best Friend's Girl, and got a woman to dance with me while I sang (sorry, not the one in the picture, that's from last week's performance of Faith with my friend A). It was hot, it was steamy, it was rock and roll.

I was going to do some Johnny Cash, but was talked out of it, and it might have cost me the top prize, but I just wanted to place, which I did, #3 with a bullet, baby. My prizes? A $10 gift certificate to the bar, which is only good Monday through Friday, which is a minor inconvenience, but it'll buy me some tacos and a beer, and a $15 gift card to iTunes. I offered the iTunes card to the Assassin, because she owns an iPod and all that.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

#not very high with a glacial shift.

We miss ye.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Well, one month without blogging. Where are you, my dear b-husband? I wonder if it is time for a b-divorce. I can't be married to a dormant blog after all!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

*sniff* ..... *sniff* ..... smells a little musty in here.

Don't make me haiku you!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Mia hates me so.
Your cat's breath smells like cat food.
I need more coffee.

12:43 PM  
Blogger ShOI said...

Add my name to the
Coalition of concerned.
I miss Logan's Dave.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Circe said...

I don’t read your blog
But you really should post now
Break not your promise

...ok, I DO read your blog once in a while. That phrase just really started off that haiku nicely. Expect more haiku flames in the future.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home