Sunday, April 01, 2007

Ok, ok I get it.

A number of fans, well readers, actually, have been haikuing me (did I just create a verb?) because, well, my blog here has fallen on some neglected times. I'm aware of it, really, but haven't been really in a blogging mood. What's making it worse is feeling like I don't have time to do any blogging, and the feeling that all my writing efforts and skills are going into a) work and b) pub quiz.

Both of these things take up time.

Plus, let's face it, this blog was started, oh, four years ago to talking about the impending 30th birthday I had coming up back then. This Wednesday, for those of you scoring at home, will be my own and the Ginger Ninja's half birthday, I'm staring down the barrel of 34, she, well, a year less. What possible advice can I still give to someone who's about to turn 30? Nothing really, although if things keep going as well as they are now, I will be walking the Assassin through that milestone of silliness in a little more than a year.

But enough of my excuses. How about a haiku?

Logan's Dave returns
Kilteoke and Guinness
Make me quite happy.

Maybe another
To soothe my readers' feelings
I'm proud to be back.

Ok, I've had quite enough with the haikus tonight. Really, I'm just procrastinating because I am avoiding writing my pub quiz for this week. I should really get on that, too, otherwise I will disappoint the Assassin, and that can only be bad.

More later, and I promise that this isn't an April Fool's joke.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

My dear b-husband!! So this means we're not to get divorced yet?

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home