Friday, June 29, 2007

And we're back!

The busyness of the first half of the year is behind me. Now I get to explore the free time that I usually don't have.

Well, kinda.

In reality, if I'm going to do a second big bike ride this year, and I think I am, I need to keep training. I have to admit, however, that a big part of me doesn't want to do it, just cut up my knee and make me better so I can move on to better things.

Speaking of better things, I would like to introduce the new voice of our new phone system at work:

That's right. Me. And after hearing accolades all day long, and hearing about how I should work in voice overs professionally, and how I should be on the radio, I have to admit two things.

1) I need to get promoted quickly. It severely cuts into your productivity when you spend half of each phone call saying "yes it was me," "thanks, I'm glad you liked it," "no, I don't foresee a radio gig in the future," and "were you actually calling for a reason or just to praise me?" Of course, they were never said in that precise order.

2) I have never been happier to be away from my desk. I have never been more tempted to say "hm, maybe this voice over thing would be fun. Maybe I would like it. Maybe I will finally make my millions that way." These thoughts are usually squashed by the "why not just win the lottery and not worry about it" and "I've heard that business is quite cutthroat- not exactly my cup of tea." And so the debate rages on in my mind, until I consume enough beer to make it stop, or just find something else to pay attention to.

These pictures, by the way, were taken with my new cell phone, which does just about everything a cell phone could do- essentially an iPhone just not made my Apple. And it didn't cost me $600. And I got it last week. And it doesn't suck. Although, I haven't quite been able to use blogger through it yet...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Movie voice overs! With improvised commentary. That's the career for you. I'm sick of the current guy.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home