Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Perhaps the most tense 15 minutes of my life.

When I was in High School, I bought more than a few pregnancy tests and spent some serious moments hoping that I wasn't going to be a father. Honestly, as the product of a teenage pregnancy, the biggest fear you have is repeating the cycle. That being said, I can remember each time with excruciating detail.

Tonight overshadowed every single one of those moments. The 15 minutes between me finding out about the bridge collapse in Minneapolis (the bridge my father takes home from work) when my mother told me that my brother couldn't reach my father and finding out that my father was, in fact, alive and well.

Now I just have to call all my friends- except that no one can get through on a cellphone right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear that all is ok. Such a horrible tragedy.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home