Sunday, June 20, 2004

Lycos, being MIP, and a festive weekend.

Lycos mail pulled a fast one on me this morning. I logged in to find that I had 17 new messages, and thought that my fishing for donations worked, and that a lot of people contributed. Alas, no. They simply marked a bunch of messages as unmarked, at random, and I had to go through and re-load each message. My annoyance level was heightened significantly.

Yesterday's softball game was wonderful fun, but I was not named MVP this week. I was MIP, for most injured person. I was playing Short Center when a guy popped up to right field. Both the right fielder and I went for it, and we collided. I might be a little concussed, so I'm taking it really easy, along with a lot of headache remedies. You'll also never hear me call baseball players wusses when I see them collide anymore. It really hurts. I'm even bruised where my head hit whatever part of the right fielder I hit. She wasn't hurt- but I got rung up pretty damn good.

Yesterday was my cat's birthday. She is 7 now. She's moving quite gracefully into middle age, too. Today is Father's Day, which is cool. I will be placing that phone call a little later, because my dad is so cool. Mia(my cat) still needs a present, and I think I've earned one, too, after all, I am her daddy, so I should get something, right?

We'll see. I've got some bike riding to do. I've got some groceries to buy. I promised myself to buy some new work clothes, too. Maybe that should be my present.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home