Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Songs stuck in my head...

Earlier today I had the horrible anthem "Lovin' Every Minute of It" playing over and over in my head. Much to my chagrin, I was unable to dislodge it from my consciousness using my cure-all "Private Dancer" by Tina Turner. In order to remove this song, I played some songs I have stored on my PC at work for just this emergency. I played this song, then an acoustic version of "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake, and it was gone.

Suddenly, after all that, I have You Spin Me Round stuck in my head- all due to this article.

I have a hard time believing anything our government says anymore. Not after attacking Iraq, who apparently didn't have WMD. Not after taking my shoes off at the airport for 2 1/2 years, only to be told that there already is a terrorist cell here. Not after 2 years of hunting for Osama without catching him.

I have always had a love-hate relationship with this country, and I believe that most people do. But there's got to be an answer. They say that voter apathy is high. Of course it is. We elected a president without electing him, who attacked a country without popular support. Why would we care anymore? Hello? Is this thing on?

1 Comments:

Blogger PosterNutbag said...

i kid you not, the song that gets stuck in my head is "jingle bell rock".... and year-round, that song is just inappropriate and annoying.

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home