Tuesday, July 20, 2004

There is no title.

My friend A and I were talking yesterday as she was moving her address book from one e-mail account to another. Seems a silly thing, until she said "I just deleted my dad's e-mail from my addressbook." Her father died in February 2003, chronologically third in the now lengthening list of people, either friends, idols, or relatives of friends, who have recently passed.

I left my cell phone at home today. Not by choice, mind you, because I was in a hurry to get to work, and simply forgot to pick it up. This is an important lesson at an unfortunate point in my life- stop and smell the roses, because you don't know when you'll be able to smell them again. My good friend D lost his father yesterday. There's nothing I can write about it that I haven't already written. There were the four before I started blogging: my friend K, Joe Strummer, A's father D, S's mother S. The ones after I started blogging, Herb Brooks, the week of hell, where I didn't blog much about it, but was devastated by the deaths of Warren Zevon, my dad's best friend J, Johnny Cash, and my friend N. Finally, my great-grandmother, M.

And now today, one more.

Rest in peace, each of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home