Monday, August 23, 2004

Super Recap.

Because I've been so damn busy at work and because I'm sick to death of computers by the time I get home, I owe y'all some serious catch-up blogging. I'll attempt to deliver.

Let's see:

As I've mentioned before, two of my favorite days in Chicago are the practice days before the Air and Water Show. This is the first year I've worked downtown for it, and I must say that it's a bit more tense- you really don't want to hear jets buzzing buildings when you're in the building. Once you get past that, however, it's all good.

Friday night I went to Zanie's to see Todd Glass, and had a wonderful time- all three comedians were quite funny, and made the night worth every minute of sleep I didn't get. Unfortunately, I didn't get to meet Todd, but that's my only regret. Afterwards, we wandered up to Corcoran's for a couple pints and then headed back up to my neck of the woods to the Globe for night caps which I hadn't planned on having at 1am. So, there was a distinct lack of sleep.

Saturday, I woke up bright and early to use my connections at Tower to try to get my friend N some tickets to see her favorite artist. I then headed out on the dusty road with my friend A to Milledgeville, the ancestral home, to surprise my grandmother for her 75th birthday. We had a great time, even got to head to the bar(note: not the North bar) where I bought a round of drinks including a beer for myself and my grandfather, and then a rum and coke for friend A, for the whopping total of $6.25. You gotta love it. Afterwards(the band we were told we had to see didn't show), we went to my aunt and uncle's for a bonfire and more drinks, stargazing and telling stories.

Yesterday, after breakfast with my mom's parents and lunch with my dad's, we headed back to Chicago. I went to pub quiz, had a great time, and won second place. It was a nice night, overall.

So, after a fun, relaxing weekend in the country, I'm back at my desk on the 12th floor, frustrated at idiocy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home