Friday, September 09, 2005

Has it been a year already?

On 6-6-66 I was little I didn't know shit
(in reality I wasn't born yet)


It has. Believe it or don't. One whole year since surgery number 3, the second on my right knee. This was the fastest surgery I have had. I was in and out in just about 4 hours or so, when my best friend came to meet me downtown after I was jarred awake, for the first time ever, by smelling salts. Now that definitely woke me up, and then they started plugging me full of Vicodin! Yummy! Moments later, I was being wheeled downstairs to my best friend's car! Outside! Drug-hazed reality! It was a crazy day. Fun, but still crazy.

and on 7-7-77 eleven years later still don't know any better
(now, I'm alive and well and living in St. Paul)


And look at how far I've come in the last year- got my first century under my belt, and hey, guess what? I found out a few weeks ago that I can finally kneel again. It's so good to have a fully functional knee back. What's next for me? I've got another century next weekend, which I am completely unprepared for, and a big wedding a week after that! Honestly, I can't wait to be back in Boston again. I miss that town somethin' fierce. I'll get to see some old friends and hopefully make a couple new ones.

by 8-8-88 it's way too late for me to change
(now, I'm a dangerous teenager)


And let's not forget about how much fun I'll have at Wendy and Joey's wedding. After all- I'll be dressed up in a barong and wearing a yarmulke! Pictures, of course, will be posted as soon as possible after that.

and by 9-9-99 I hope I'm sittin' on the back porch drinkin' red wine singin' Ohhhhhh French Fries with Pepper! Ohhhhh French Fries with
Pepper
(and here we are 6 years later)


Will I be sitting on the back porch, drinking red wine? Doubtful. I don't have a back porch, but I do have a nice amount of red wine at home. I do love the Trader Joe's. The question on my mind is whether or not I should cheat a little and sit on my front porch and drink some red wine? If I weren't supposed to go see 2 bands in 2 bars tonight, I'd be all over it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home