Thursday, December 08, 2005

Takin' it up a notch.

BAM!

Yesterday, despite being deliriously tired, I opted instead to walk up to the Jewel by my house and pick up my groceries. I didn't really opt for said task. I needed groceries. Out I went, facing the balmy 10 degree temperatures (-12 C) to trudge the 4 block walk to the store. "Crunch, crunch, crunch," my feet said.

Finally, on my arrival, I took off two or three pieces of my out layers of clothing. I beelined to the produce department to purchase my green pepper and onion, and while retrieving the little plastic bags, I was sidled. You see, on my way in, an older man made eye contact with me, not really leering at me, but definitely not a quick glance, either. I nodded a hello to be polite, then went about my shopping, lo and behold, the guy snuck right up on me and I damn near knocked him over as I turned to buy my veggies. I was rather surprised and a little pissed off that my personal space was violated. I also checked my pockets to make sure I still had my wallet. Paranoia strikes deep when I'm sleep deprived.

After trudging back to my house and warming up, I started cooking. I, culinary moron turned reasonably-able chef, cooked two meals simultaneously and had them both turn out rather well. Once finished, I packed up the leftovers and lunches I had made, and adjourned to the couch for a movie. My choice? Downfall, a movie I saw back in March. I enjoyed it the second time through, but alas, the overwhelming power of sleepiness conquered my consciousness, and I fell asleep.

Tonight, I plan on finishing the movie and getting back in the habit of not keeping my Netflix for 2 weeks at a time. After all, it is winter outside, so I should get used to spending some time on my couch with a good movie, right?

2 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Was that guy trying to pick you up?

9:04 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

I sure hope not.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home