Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The most important thing said to me during this year's MS Tour de Farms

I've been wanting to write about this since it happened, honestly, but I've been holding this story back- I've been enjoying it too much.

Anyways, on day one of the ride, I was at the second-to-last stop on the ride, feeling pretty good, as the end of my century was coming up in just 15 or so miles. I was chatting with a couple of my teammates when a young woman came up to me and asked "you're the pub quiz guy, right?"

"Yes I am."

"I've been to your pub quiz before."

"I think I recognize you. What's your name?"

"[K]."

"I'm starting to remember you, it's been a while."

"I have to tell you that you're the reason that I'm here."

"Really?"

"You talked about the ride at pub quiz, so my boyfriend is riding and I'm volunteering."

I may have just had my name up in lights at Wrigley Field. I may have just told off my former bosses. I may have just gotten bmarried. I may be getting paid enormous amounts of money to no longer do a job that I hated anyways. But I have to tell you, that is one of the most incredible things I've ever had said to me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Tomorrow is our first b-monthaversary!

11:18 AM  
Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

I can imagine that is the greatest feeling ;) Yay Dave making a difference one person at a time!

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home