Monday, June 21, 2004

Good Idea, Bad Idea

Good idea:

Taking it easy after having a minor head trauma.

Bad idea:

Going to work when you have a minor head trauma.

It's not horrible, but I'm not giving myself any chance to recover. This would also be the longest period of time I've been upright since I bonked myself into next Thursday. The combination is not fun. If I were still at Tower, I'd tell the clerks to not page for a sup unless absolutely necessary, and crawl to the break room table and just take a nap. Not the most comfortable thing to sleep on, but at least it was moderately acceptable behavior. My new-fangled real job doesn't have a picnic table in the break room. We got super nice chairs with small round tables.

Such is life.

In reality, the only reason I decided to come to work today was because my DSL equipment should be arriving. It hasn't yet, making me wonder whether or not UPS got around to rerouting my package here, instead of at home. I can see myself getting a touch pissed about it going to the wrong place. By a touch, of course, I mean extremely pissed off. I hate UPS, for reasons we already know, multiple times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home