Monday, August 22, 2005

Monday morning coming down.

Sitting here so early in the morning, with all of none of my friends (at least the sensible ones) online means I do a lot of reading up on my blogs, news websites, etc, etc. So, when I make my groggy way down my blogroll, and come across Bosco's blog entry about the upcoming Walk the Line movie, let's just say my jaw dropped and my heart cried out for some kind of justice.

Now, dear friends and readers, I won't bore you with the details about how much I love Mr. John R. Cash, it's been said so often on this blog that linking to the entries would be a waste of time. Probably the best entries are right around this date. A strange time for me. Lots of phone calls that morning.

So, after catching wind of said movie, I hurried my ass over to imdb.com so I could take a look at what's what, and perhaps most importantly, find out who is playing my hero. When I read it, I had to do a couple double-takes, then rub my eyes, then question my sanity, then read it again. Joaquin Phoenix? What? Reese Witherspoon as June Carter Cash? What the fuck?

Ok. Maybe I'm overreacting. After all, after Herb Brooks died, I finally caught wind of the movie Miracle . Turns out I liked that movie so much I've watched more times than I can count. Will I give it a chance? Well, yes. But only because I have to. I've already watched the trailer, and I had to immediately put on some Johnny Cash to wash out the horror of listening to Joaquin Phoenix singing JC songs.

Well, only time will tell. Anyone want to go see a movie with me in November?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not impressed with the trailer. It looks like another crappy bio like "Ray" where they fail to capture the person.

Ugh.

Pat

11:47 AM  
Blogger Eston said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home